Considering the recommendations from WFUNA and the United Nations Programme on Youth, the Youth Delegates will be selected six months prior to their visit to the General Assembly in order to have enough time to prepare for their mandate.
The selection panel will have the following composition:
- 1 representative from Albanian Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs;
- 1 representative from the U.S. Embassy in Tirana;
- 1 representative from other Foreign Embassies;
- 1 representative from UN Agencies in Albania;
- 1 representative from UNA Albania.
Youth NGOs will be invited to attend the 2nd and final stage of the selection procedure as observes.
The selection calendar would be the following:
Open call for application: 24 January – 16 March (Closed)
Publishing the results of the first stage of the selection: April
Semi-final interview: April
Final stage, appointing the two Youth Delegates: Mid/End of April