The Youth Delegates will be composed of two Albanian citizens, aged between 18-28 years old and reflecting a gender balanced team. They shall be two youngsters with a proven commitment to youth empowerment, youth representation, voluntarism and civic participation, with innovative ideas on how to tackle contemporary issues and who have a proven interest in the United Nations. The two youth delegates are chosen for a mandate of a year and a half. There will be an overlap period of 6 months, during which the gained knowledge and experience are transferred from the incumbent youth delegates to the new ones, in order to ensure the sustainability of the programme.
The eligibility criteria for youth delegates shall be the following:
- aged between 18-28 years old during the mandate;
- be fluent in English (knowledge of French or other UN official languages would be an asset);
- be resident in Albania for at least 12 months out of the whole mandate of 18 months;
- have a proven interest in the United Nations and knowledge of the UN system;
- have been living in Albania for at least 6 consecutive months in the last 2 years;
- have considerable experience and participation in voluntarism, youth-led/focused NGOs and/ other than political forums;
- be able to commit to the program’s requirements.