Ensure Youth participation in Global decision-making
The Albanian Youth Delegate to the United Nations (UNYD Albania) is a programme that aims to increase, as well as encourage the participation of the Albanian youth and their views in the decision-making process at the national and international level. Since its launching in 2019, it has so far supported the successful mandates of two generations of youth delegates, culminating with their inclusion in the National Delegation of the Republic of Albania to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
The largest Youth cohort in history
Background on the UN YOUTH DELEGATE PROGRAMME
Today’s generation of youth is the largest that the world has ever witnessed. The United Nations has reaffirmed the need to develop and implement strategies that give young people everywhere real opportunities to enable their full, effective and meaningful participation in society. The United Nations has also recognized the crucial role that young people have in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Aged between 18-28 years old during the mandate;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be resident in Albania for at least 12 consecutive months from the start of the mandate;
- Have a proven interest in the United Nations and knowledge of the UN system;
- Have been living in Albania for at least 6 consecutive months in the last 3 years;
- Have considerable experience and participation in voluntarism, youth-led/focused NGOs, other than political forums;
- Be able to commit to the program’s requirements and devote 20 hours/week to it.
THE YOUTH DELEGATES ADDRESS THE 3RD COMMITTEE OF THE UNGA
As part of their mandate, the Albanian Youth Delegates to the UN get to address the Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee of the United Nations General Assembly (also known as the “Third Committee”) entertaining a speech on behalf of the Republic of Albania on the agenda item concerning youth, family and ageing.
News & Updates
unyd albania partners
Me mbështetjen financiare të Programit të Granteve të Vogla të Komisionit për Demokraci, të Ambasadës së SH.B.A.-së në Tiranë.